Existential Woodchucks

"When I see the blind and wretched state of woodchucks, when I survey the whole universe in its deadness, and each chuck left to himself with no light, as though lost in this corner of the universe without knowing who put him there, what he has to do, or what will become of him when he dies, incapable of knowing anything, I am moved to terror, like a woodchuck transported in his sleep to some terrifying desert island, who wakes up quite lost, with no means of escape. Then I marvel that so wretched a state does not drive chucks to despair."  Blaise Pascal
"There is much in being that woodchucks cannot master. There is but little that comes to be known. What is known remains inexact, what is mastered insecure."                                                Martin Heidegger
“Thus it amounts to the same thing whether one gets drunk alone or is a leader of nations.” Jean-Paul Sartre
“I can't go on, I'll go on.” Samuel Beckett

Popular Posts